Established in 2006, Natursutten® is owned by a mother of three and offers natural products for babies and toddlers.
Natursutten wants to ensure a more chemical-free future for our children and for our environment by making top-quality, toxin-free products that babies and children love.
“The media is full of stories about toxic baby gear, recalls and harmful plastics. As a new mother, I thought about how many hours my son was going to have a pacifier in his mouth, and I was determined to find a truly safe alternative. I felt I owed that to my child and other babies around the world – to do better.”
Anne-Dorthe Schroeder Grum
NATURSUTTEN is made ecologically sustainable from pure natural rubber from the tree Hevea brasiliensis. The design, the company and the idea is Danish and our product is manufactured exclusively in Italy.
The protein that on rare occasions can provoke a latex allergy is eliminated during production.
All NATURSUTTEN pacifiers are certified to conform to the European Union (EU) directive concerned with safety, health and environment. (Pacifier Safety requirements by European standard EN 1400).
With a NATURSUTTEN pacifier, you avoid:
- Allergy causing substances
- Artificial color
- Cancer causing substances
- Hormone disturbing substances
- Chemical softeners
- Parabens, PVC and phthalates
NATURSUTTEN pacifiers are softer than silicone, and are very hygienic because they are molded in one piece without joints or cracks where dirt and bacteria can accumulate.
The original NATURSUTTEN is sold only by EcoBaby in Denmark, and through selected distributors around the world.
Sustainability is an environmental, social and economic concept that involves meeting the needs of the present without compromising the ability of future generations to meet their own needs.At NATURSUTTEN, we know that it is possible to be an efficient and profitable business while also being a good steward of the environment.
Our environmental goals are simple:
- To protect and preserve the plantages that source our raw material
- To design and manufacture products that sustain people and the environment
- To be 100 percent supplied by renewable energy
- To create zero waste
- To reduce our carbon footprints
Sustainability is important to making sure that we will continue to have the water, materials, and resources to protect human health and our environment.
Production of Natural Rubber
Growing natural rubber involves the merging of numerous scientific disciplines into a cohesive operation and plan.
To kick off the rubber production process, farmers plant seeds that grow for between 12-18 months. Once they are suitable for grafting, the seeds are removed from their nursery environment and planted on a plantation. While the bud grows quickly, the tree must be left to mature for between 6-7 years.
Harvesters shave off a bit of bark, then notch a line in the revealed bark to a depth of about 1/3” deep. The milky white liquid, latex, drips from the cut vessels and flows down the barkless patch, where it is collected in a cup mounted to the tree. This tapping continues on alternating days, with new patches being cut just below the prior one, until the tapping is about a foot from the base of the tree. Once one side of the tree is tapped out, the process is repeated on the other side of the tree.
Malaysian Rubber Board
Rubber plantages in Malaysia are all owned and run by the government and controlled by the Malaysian Rubber Board.
We at NATURSUTTEN care about sustainability and fair trade. Through the Malaysian Rubber Board, we pay a percentage of the money we spend on natural rubber sap to support and urge a sustainable industry. This money is used to replant rubber trees and invest in research & development to ensure a sustainable future for the rubber plants in Malaysia.
Our Environmental Standards
Natursutten fully complies with the following standards:
Waste and recycling
Natursutten ApS ensures that:
- Waste, including recyclable waste, is separated according to the regulations of the Danish environmental authorities for recovery or disposal at authorised treatment facilities.
- Hazardous waste is labelled, stored and disposed of, as instructed by the authorities, at environmentally approved receiving facilities.
Natursutten ApS is aware of and respects the requirements for separating, recycling and disposing of waste, as expressed in the Danish Environmental Protection Act, Act No. 753 of 25 August 2001.
The Danish legislation is in accordance with EU directive 75/442/EEC of 15 July 1975 on waste, EU directive 91/689/EEC of 12 December 1991 on hazardous waste, EU regulation 259/93/EEC of 1 February 1993 on the supervision and control of shipments of waste within, into and out of the European Community as well as the Basel Convention on transboundary movements of waste.
Minimization of packaging
Natursutten ApS ensures that:
- We have minimised the use of packaging to the extent possible.
- Natursutten observes the Danish environmental requirements for the company’s packaging, as expressed in the Danish legislation in statutory order No 298 of 30 April 1997 regarding certain requirements for packaging.
- The Danish legislation is in accordance with EU directive 94/62/EC on packaging and packaging waste. The Danish Environmental Protection Agency supervises that packaging sold in Denmark lives up to the Danish environmental requirements.